7.30pm, Tuesday 12th May, 2015
- Intro to 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' - Richard Strauss
- Improvisation - Briggs
- La Cathédral Engloutie - Debussy
- Air on a G String - JS Bach
- Toccata from Suite Gothique - Boëllmann
- Music for the Royal Fireworks - Handel
- Finale from Symphony No.1 - Vierne
- In the Hall of the Mountain King - Grieg
- Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner
- Clair de Lune - Debussy
- Cold is Being - Renaissance/Giazotto
- Organ Symphony Finale - Saint-Saëns
- Excerpts from 1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky
- Pomp & Circumstance March No.1 - Elgar
- Jerusalem - Charles Hubert Parry
- National Anthem - Thomas Arne
David Briggs is an internationally renowned organist who has built a worldwide reputation as an innovative musician and dazzling performer. Increasingly sought after for his orchestral transcriptions
and improvisation, his performances are applauded for their musicality, virtuosity and ability to excite and engage audiences of all ages.
David studied organ with Jean Langlais in Paris. At the age of 17 he obtained his FRCO diploma, winning the Silver Medal of the Worshipful Company of Musicians.
In this exciting concert, David played some of the 'fireworks' of the organ repertoire and these were accompanied by stunning lights, lasers and pyrotechnics. This was certainly the most spectacular musical event
ever staged in Gillingham!